PDA

View Full Version : college degree

gordie
20th Nov 2003, 00:58
Hi!

Even thou this is my first post I have been reading pprune forums for the last 2 years. If you guys could give me an answer to one question I would be greatful. Does Air Canada require a college degree? Canadian has required it in the past but as far as I know AC hasn't. Has that requirement changed?

thanks

YYZ to POS
20th Nov 2003, 07:15
Hey, how's it going?
I got this directly off their site...
http://www.aircanada.ca/about-us/employment/pilots.html

It's not a requirement.

gordie
20th Nov 2003, 14:49
Thanks for the info!

As for a lot of guys for me it was either work and pay for the flight training or complete a university degree and then start on my flight training. This way I had my commercial licence 1 month before my 20th birthday and group 1 instrument a few months later. And at the end,I even had some money saved up to go on the road trip. Aviation college was not an option for me even thou I would have preffered to go that way. I heard too many horror stories of people finishing their degree with $30000+ in debt and not being able to find any flying job.

cheers from Croatia

ODGUY
28th Nov 2003, 22:41
if u get a girl who says she'll sleep with u, would u rather getting a bj first or just sex. obviously we'd like to get a bj then sex. BJ isnt a requirement, but it sure is good to have. just like the aviation college degree.

Gop Guy
15th Dec 2003, 21:26
Nice analogy ODGUY!!!

Panama Jack
16th Dec 2003, 03:21
Along that line of analogies:

And Air Canada is the "stud" who every "girl" wants to sleep with, and a lot of "girls" will do ANYTHING for the chance. Some have even prostituted themselves. :}

Obbie
18th Dec 2003, 05:34
When I first made it into a job working the dock loading twin otters, I was advised by the guys there to keep the fact that I had a degree to myself when talking to the chief pilot.

This country will always be in the dark ages when it comes to aviation !!!!:yuk: