PDA

View Full Version : Skills Test- Passed!!

Thumpango
18th Nov 2003, 00:55
The good weather yesterday meant that I could at last do my skills test, and I am VERY pleased to announce that I passed!

Thanks to all on this forum who have helped along the way with advice and comments on my various posts, from initial problems with flat landings to plug leads falling out on engine checks and the numerous other threads that have been excellent reading and from which I have learned a lot.

I always like to be working towards something so am already considering doing my night rating as soon as my licence comes through(!)

To those still awaiting their skills test, hang on in there! it's amazing how quickly you will find yourself doing it as well!

Although I am based deep in the South, I decided to finish my PPL in the Highlands and it was one of my better decisions. Plenty of free airspace and outstanding scenery.

Thumpango
(A very happy bunny!)

BRL
18th Nov 2003, 01:15
Congratulations, glad it went well, now go and get drunk......

Check your PM's please....... :)

Flyin'Dutch'
18th Nov 2003, 01:22
T,

Congrats!

FD

greatorex
18th Nov 2003, 01:29
Many congrats!

Cheers,

G

Pink_aviator
18th Nov 2003, 01:54
Congratulations Thumpango.
You looked to have had good sunny crisp weather .

Nice to have met you .

THE PINKSTER

VFR800
18th Nov 2003, 03:35
Well done dude, now the real fun starts!! BTW, I had a look at the SLG bit of the CAA website and they working on applications from 10 November, whooohooo. So your licence (and mine) should be pretty prompt.

Once again, top job m8. :cool:

Thumpango
20th Nov 2003, 01:03
Thank you all for your congratulations, took the test on Sunday and I am still grinning!!

Keep wanting to tell people that I am a pilot! Hope I get the license before Christmas, although my family are getting a little concerned that I am going to take then for a flight!

HelenD
20th Nov 2003, 01:26
Congratulations on passing, the weather was good on Sunday.
Hope your licence does not take too long to arrive.

Dewdrop
20th Nov 2003, 15:20
Well done. Great feeling isn't it !