PDA

View Full Version : G-vfwe 2004

Stampe
15th Nov 2003, 01:56
I see theG-VFWE is to be held at Abingdon next year on May 14th-16th.This superb event is now the only major Uk event I regard as a must do!.Do hope the Air Traffic and arrival procedures are improved on those at Kemble this year.I,m lucky Hairyplane has asked me to fly one of his delightful Miles aircraft to the event tough old life!!.See you all there.:D

Shaggy Sheep Driver
15th Nov 2003, 02:04
Do hope the Air Traffic and arrival procedures are improved on those at Kemble this year

They couldn't possibly be worse. Maybe it's the totally incompetent ATC experienced by departing (especially) pilots from Kemble last year that has persuaded the organisers to go elswhere for this otherwise superb event this year.

SSD

vintage ATCO
15th Nov 2003, 02:57
They haven't asked me yet. . . . ;) :cool: :D :D :D

Chilli Monster
15th Nov 2003, 03:41
They haven't asked me yet. . . . Believe me - you don't want them to either ;)

Shaggy Sheep Driver
15th Nov 2003, 07:27
But I do. I've experienced both Chillie's and VA's controlling at such events. The way they do it is how it should be done IMHO..... And if you can do it, why can't they?

SSD

ozplane
15th Nov 2003, 18:32
Just a thought but who needs ATC anyway. It is after all the vintage weekend and there wasn't too much radio first time around. Suggest the marshals from North Weald or the Cadets from the PFA Rally could do the job for departure and the pilots could revert to Mark One eyeball for arrival. Sorted !!

vintage ATCO
15th Nov 2003, 21:50
Usually it is the CAA that insist on full ATC at such events because of the volume of traffic. At least with ATC you can then use the Land After procedure. Without ATC you cannot (Rule 17(7)(b)), Mark One eyeball or otherwise.

VA

Kingy
17th Nov 2003, 00:47
Yes, I had 'Aircraft on Final approach Identify yourself, advise unidentified aircraft taxing across the theshold, land after yellow aircraft on runway...'

I felt so warm and loved!

Kingy

vintage ATCO
17th Nov 2003, 04:46
land after yellow aircraft on runway...'

Full ATC I hope? :confused: :D :D :D

Chilton Princess
18th Nov 2003, 01:15
Eyes wide open! Glad I've got no radio fitted - one less thing to worry about! Goodness knows where one is supposed to fit a radio in my VINTAGE aircraft anyway- no room! :D

Flyin'Dutch'
18th Nov 2003, 01:25
S'pose I'd best give the Condor a wax and polish and get myself over there in May.

Date noted in diary.

FD

Kingy
18th Nov 2003, 07:48
Chiltern Princess

Welcome! - never mind the radio - what about the bl@@dy Mode 'S' transponder we're all gonna have to fit soon... B@stards..!

Kingy