PDA

View Full Version : Back Course Localiser Approach B747-400

C433
13th Nov 2003, 10:34
Further to my previous post re Back Course Localiser Approaches, does anyone out there fly a B747-400 with a LOC-BC select switch fitted to their MCP? As my airline is not approved to do LOC-BC approaches all the relevent information in our manuals have been removed. I would appreciate if anyone out there has this information in their company manuals, and could send me the information?
Thanks very much.

stallwing
24th Jul 2006, 20:16
whay in all europe , in all european airports it is not possible to find a back-course procedure ?
in usa many airports have ones

keithl
25th Jul 2006, 09:58
Lista, Norway.

captjns
25th Jul 2006, 11:35
whay in all europe , in all european airports it is not possible to find a back-course procedure ? in usa many airports have ones

Not where the -400 flies. If so then US operators, as far as I know, have LOC BC removed from their ops specs.

Thunderbug
25th Jul 2006, 12:56
C433

On our 747-400s we don't have a specific LOC/BAC button on the MCP, but we are authorised to fly Localiser Back-course approaches.

From our Ops Manual:
Localiser Back Course Approach
If GPS is serviceable for the intended approach both pilots may display MAP and the localiser monitored using the localiser display on the PFD. For non-GPS aircraft the HP will display APP.
If the Back Course approach is not included in the FMS approach database, insert the ILS frequency and its front course QDM into the NAV RAD page, e.g. to fl the back course fro runway 25 at PHX insert 108.3/078.
Use LNAV or HDG SEL to track the localiser back course
T'bug :ok:

skiesfull
25th Jul 2006, 14:13
Don't forget that the standby ADI has a backcourse selection as does the ISFD (newer 744's).