PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Jazz applies to use jets at CYTZ?

MarkD
11th Nov 2003, 05:09
heard this on the news this morning... Miller fans must have been wetting themselves with delight. And on mayoral election day no less.

No fixed link to the island - new airline bugg*red
Jazz flying jets when new airline using Q400s - probably bugg*red.

Win-win for Jazz :(

Can CRJs use CYTZ without an extension?

Ace Rimmer
11th Nov 2003, 15:49
Maybe a CRJ can... maybe it can't but an EMB170 could chimney or no chimney(heh heh heh) . The question is why would Jazz bother if REGCO are out of the picture and the bridge ain't there? Last I heard (went to visit the airport for as story in Rimmer (North) American News) Jazz were talking about reducing services at the island...

pigboat
12th Nov 2003, 04:36
Dunno too much about the CRJ, but I think putting one into the island would be a one time affair.;)
Now that Miller has taken over, the motto of the aviation community in YZ should be "Remember Meigs."

Panama Jack
13th Nov 2003, 02:52
If you ask me, a Machiavellian move by Joe Randall. Air Canada probably asked him to pen the letter. They've wanted out of YTZ for a long time.

- Get rid of the competition (REGCO)
- Get rid of Island airport (for good)

Business gets nasty and selfish sometimes.

Willie Everlearn
14th Nov 2003, 09:31
:{
Say it isn't so!!!

No fixed link?
No jet services out of downtown Hog Town!!
Air Canada snuffing out the competition????
:*

Another start-up? How much more unfair is the Canadian Airline dog-and-pony show going to get???

I think it's time we shot the "greenies", stacked 'em up in the channel and walked across to YTZ to catch our JET outta there.
;)

CRJ needs at least 6,000 feet (for comfort)
5,000 feet (with a restricted load)
4,000 feet (for an underwater look at the pollution and fishies in Toronto Harbour)
:ok: