PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Sywell thread?

Flyin'Dutch'
10th Nov 2003, 22:13
It was here this morning and has disappeared.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

FD

Circuit Basher
10th Nov 2003, 22:40
Abducted by aliens??!! :D

I suspect, however, that it was perceived as being the source of possible future income for Flying Lawyer / Justiciar and the possible destination of some of Danny's hard-earned....! Thread may have been pulled pending discussions of this nature.

Or maybe no-one has any complaints about Sywell any more!! ;)

BRL
10th Nov 2003, 22:51
No idea where it is. I have looked in the admin forum and the legal one too and it is in neither. Whoever posted it must have deleted it as I have had nothing from any of the mods to indicate anyone moving it. :confused:

Can anyone remember who posted it?

Flyin'Dutch'
10th Nov 2003, 23:04
Ludwig started the thread.

FD

Justiciar
11th Nov 2003, 06:17
I suspect, however, that it was perceived as being the source of possible future income for Flying Lawyer / Justiciar

Flattered Circuit Basher. I'd like to think my reputation spreads that far but unfortunately, no. Most involvement I've had with Sywell as to land there about four months ago, have an orange juice and chat with a lady from Blackbushe and depart.

But, carry on:} Most of these threads seem to thrive on conspiracy theories of one sort or another:ok:

Timothy
11th Nov 2003, 18:12
Most of these threads seem to thrive on conspiracy theories of one sort or another OK, I'll start. Sywell Management has taken out an injunction to gag any further discussion on the subject...but we are not allowed to know what the subject of the injunction is, but they are denying vociferously whatever it is they are denying but they won't tell us what.

W

Justiciar
11th Nov 2003, 18:26
So if I again raise the issue others have mentioned of the apparent attempt to drive existing GA users off Sywell, this thread too will be blocked? I would expect to see something from 'management' on the subject warning posters not to try and raise the matter.

You will not usually get an injunction unless you can show that the items in question are defamatory or otherwise incorrect in a way which is liable to damage the operators of Sywell. further, injunctions are normally only granted when, if the other side won they could not be adequately compensated by damages.

so, whats the position people:confused:

bar shaker
11th Nov 2003, 18:33
One of the recent posts may have struck a chord then.

I wonder what it is that we cannot discuss ;)

Justiciar
11th Nov 2003, 19:04
we cannot discuss

Try raising a few issues until this thread disappears:mad:

Why pull the entire thread, most of which has been in the public domain for months?

Maxflyer
11th Nov 2003, 19:13
There are many people employed at Sywell who wish to remain there. The continued inflamatory and personal attacks against the owners will only exacerbate the issues that are causing all of this grief. let's allow some breathing space and avoid the usual conspiracy theories.

bar shaker
11th Nov 2003, 20:03
Better rename this the Professional Pilots Sensible, Factual Discussion Network then :*

Perhaps someone can start a conspiracy theory on when my mate's plane will be finished/flyable now that the repairer has been evicted.

S-Works
12th Nov 2003, 04:48
Maybe this thread will become bigger than the whats going on at Sywell thread.......

Maybe the latest postings on the whats going on at Sywell thread were going to have a detrimental effect on some innocent parties.........

Maybe.....................

PPRuNe Towers
12th Nov 2003, 04:48
A quick note from the Towers to assure you we had nothing to do with this thread disappearing. It has not been deleted or moved by myself or Danny.

We received a couple of legal threats from our Fawlty-esque chum but we couldn't give a stuff. It was bought it by the yard threats with a singular lack of substance - a form of digital Andrex and didn't even get a reply from us.

As far as we can tell the thread has been deleted by the person who made the original post. While they may no longer want their name associated with the thread we will be entirely happy to restore the rest if anyone has kept a copy. We know the lawyers have and if they think they've got any sort of case they'll be only too happy to send it to us to republish won't they?????? :E :E :E :E

Regards
Rob

Justiciar
12th Nov 2003, 16:07
We know the lawyers

Which lawyers:confused:

How can the original poster delete the entire thread? Didn't know it was possible.

PPRuNe Towers
12th Nov 2003, 16:46
If you press the edit button you'll find an option to delete your whole message. However, if you were the first poster, i.e. the originator of a thread and you delete your message the entire thread disappears.

My previous post simply makes it clear in the strongest possible manner that we did not remove the thread and we don't give a damn about the threats from the airfield manager. Our don't give a damnfullness :} :} extends to being perfectly happy to republish the thread if a copy can be found. Anyone uncomfortable with what they might have written within it is perfectly welcome to delete their post in the way I have just described.

inaspin
13th Nov 2003, 01:40
So the postings were upsetting the airfield directors and managers, but not enough to speak personally to the airfield users. Somethings afoot.........

BRL
13th Nov 2003, 10:01
Justiciar Just to back up what the boss says here, I have had a PM from Ludwig stating exactly why he(the originator of the thread) pulled it. It's not for me to say to be honest, I will leave that to Ludwig if he feels he should explain why.

There is a copy of it knocking about deep down in the pit of the admin forum but it has a few posts missing from when it was archived a while back. I am not going to return it here, Ludwig has deleted it so it stays where it is.

Maxflyer has the right idea for now.

Blind lemon
13th Nov 2003, 20:20
One thing it does clear up is that there is obviously something going on at Sywell but we arnt allowed to mention it any more.[B]

:confused:

BRL
13th Nov 2003, 23:14
Blind Lemon. I am not sure how to read your post. Do you mean you can't mention it period or just on here? If you mean on here you are very wrong. You can say what you like here. Looking at earlier posts it seems there is a thinking that anything dodgy gets deleted/blocked, again, people reading into things when they should wait for facts as has what has happened here.

Maxflyer
14th Nov 2003, 00:29
Come on everybody! BRL has made it clear that PPRuNe is not acting on the say so of anyone other than the thread originator. There is no conspiracy. People who work at Sywell are obviously facing difficult times and it is incumbent on all GA enthusiasts to provide them with moral support. The best way for this is to remind everyone what a fantastic place Sywell is for GA with a fascinating history to boot. Now is not the time for recrimination or point scoring.

Say what you like, that's the beauty of PPRuNe, but please! In the interests of peoples livelihoods don't keep inflaming the situation.

If flight training, engineering and GA in general is to thrive there surely we should all be batting for the same side.

Blind lemon
14th Nov 2003, 00:58
BRL

My point was simply that theres generally no smoke without fire and think its a shame the originator of this topic removed it.

Maxflyer

I dont disagree with you at all and appreciate that some people who work at Sywell may be facing difficult times. I fly from Sywell regularly and would fully recommend it to anyone but I have noticed how the cost of my flying from there has risen recently. I hope to fly from Sywell for quite some time to come but I was very much in the dark about what was going on and this forum offered the chance to get other flyers opinions.

G-KEST
14th Nov 2003, 01:05
Really sad at all the furore on Sywell over the past few months. As others have said it is one of the very few grass aerodromes which still has many of its 1930's vintage buildings and always had a great atmosphere. First visit was back in 1958 in a Magister when the field was all grass and runways were at the pilots discretion. Into wind was the preferred option. Happy memories of the Lockheed Trophy contests in 1964/5 and especially the occasion when I startled the club steward by entering the bar by a leap through the open window being fairly full of Czech slivovitz and Pilsener at the time. No breathalisers then...........!!!!!!!!!!!!
We desperately need aerodromes like Sywell but I really do wish their grass was a bit smoother. It has cost us three damaged tailwheels in the Skybolt so we really dont visit anymore, at least by air. Hope all is resolved soon and I really do sympathise with all the staff at the aerodrome along with all who use or have used the facilities over the years since the late 1920's.