PDA

View Full Version : Skills Test Passed

VFR800
3rd Nov 2003, 19:45
Hooray, hurdle 1 out the way, now how long can I reasonably expect my licence to be returned in? :)

YYZ
3rd Nov 2003, 19:51
Congrats

I did not think the weather was up too it this weekend but im glad you managed to get it done.
I sent off for my licence several weeks ago now.... Still no sign, plus you have to contend with the backlog of mail from the postie strike.

Hope yours is quicker than mine?
:(

Charlie Zulu
3rd Nov 2003, 19:52
How longs a piece of string?

They're working on applications received on the 6th October at the moment (from their website), so maybe 4 to 5 weeks?

Congratulations on passing your skills test.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Dewdrop
3rd Nov 2003, 20:38
Well done. I passed mine last week. I fear the wait fir the piece of paper may be a long one though.

Aussie Andy
3rd Nov 2003, 21:01
Congratulations!

Don't worry, the license will come when it comes... until then you should be able to fly (but without pax) with your club's blessing - IF the wx will let you! But we're having such a good season, nothing would surprise me...

Andy

Deano777
3rd Nov 2003, 22:40
Congratulations mate, well done :ok:
As has already been said your licence will probably be 4-5 weeks, but check and DOUBLE CHECK you have sent the right info off to the CAA with your application, including skills test reports, ORIGINAL Birth Certificate or Passport etc etc, if you think you have missed anything out just send it off asap but Im sure you did the double checks before sealing the envelope ;)

Mate, when your licence comes through give me a shout and maybe we could hook up for a flight or two as you live in my vicinity, I live about 10 miles north of Bristol.

Well done again

Dean.

tonyhalsall
4th Nov 2003, 22:16
Uhmm, ORIGINAL birth certificate or passport??

Are you sure??

I sent copies as instructed on the paperwork

Tony

strafer
4th Nov 2003, 22:26
I think you can send a copy if it's signed as genuine by an appropriate person at your flying school

Deano777
4th Nov 2003, 22:46
hmmm

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but on the application form Im sure I read (cos I triple checked everything lol) that it said enclose original birth certificate or passport.

But Strafer's post could be correct but how many people know that you need it signed by your flying school, I personally feel flying schools have a moral responsibility to ensure their 'passed' students know whats needed when applying, I know I didnt get any guidence at all and I know it isnt rocket science but how many newly qualified PPLs have screwed up their application? etc etc

D.

VFR800
4th Nov 2003, 22:59
Many thanks for all your congrats, to be honest feeling a bit chuffed with myself! The CFI at my school is handling all the paperwork for me, to prevent any aggro, I'm just going to send originals of passport etc.

But I did remember to photocopy the 'ole logbook!.

:)

purds
5th Nov 2003, 00:12
Congrats VFR - I passed mine a little while ago and the licence took 3 and a half weeks to be returned.

I sent copies cos the club CFI said the CAA had a habit of losing originals and would now accept copies!!

BTW I assume VFR 800 referes to biking?
If so then we ride the same bike.

Happy flying.