PDA

View Full Version : Taking PPL exams in uni

Ian_Wannabe
26th Oct 2003, 05:33
Hey hows it going everyone,

I just want to know - I'm doing an aviation based degree at leeds university and part of the course is the completion of all the PPL ground exams.

Now, I've done all exams but RT, Met and Navigation and I was wondering if when I pass these 3, will it still count as a pass in my PPL training aswell?

They're all CAA papers

Thanks in advance

UL730
26th Oct 2003, 16:43
Only the bods at the Belgrano can tell you this unless your tutor is authorised to administer the exams.

Have you read "Flying Off Course" by Prof Rigas Doganis?

LFS
26th Oct 2003, 18:25
Ian,

All the exams you are sitting on your course are being administered by an authorised CAA examiner and all count towards your PPL. If your other exams were taken in the required time period (18months) then you will qualify for the PPL, but irrespective of that you are doing all the exams on the course for the purpose of the PPL. Are you on the Pilot studeis course or the Management course?

Ian_Wannabe
26th Oct 2003, 23:16
Thanks guys..... LFS i'm on managment.
Another thing I was thinking, seems as I've done some of the ppl exams do I need to re-sit the exams under university conditions?

As I did the Human P. last Friday and thought it was a bit pointless if I'd already done it before :D

LFS
27th Oct 2003, 00:37
Ian,

Unfortunatley you have to sit all of the exams as they are a university module.

WelshFlyer
29th Oct 2003, 08:14
Do you have your PPL now Ian? Gd luck with the uni course!

WF.

Ian_Wannabe
29th Oct 2003, 19:42
Hey mate, thanks for the message :D

Nah, with moving to uni my flying has come to a dead stop again whilst i wait for my money from my old flying school - just as I was about to go on my qualifying x-country aswell! :yuk:

Hope your flying is going well mate take care