PDA

View Full Version : New Brunswick wx

FRIDAY
24th Oct 2003, 07:26
I was hoping that some of you's might be able to help me.
I am eagerly trying to organise a trip to Moncton flight school (new Brunswick) to do approx 50-100hrs flying.However my main concern is the weather at this time of year, as I plan to be there for most of november and early december can anyone with knowledge of the area tell me if I would be spending most of my time on the ground waiting for weather to clear or is it good VFR flying. Any info would be greatly appreciated and any tips on nice spots to visit.

pittss2b
24th Oct 2003, 08:46
Look at this website that compares the weather at Canadian cities: http://www.on.ec.gc.ca/weather/winners/intro-e.html

The east coast of Canada has some of the longest stretches of IFR weather. Very similar to the UK. Rainy, foggy, snowy for days.

604guy
25th Oct 2003, 02:47
Moncton wx can be fairly reasonable that time of year. Once you get into January - April period with an onshore flow off the Gulf then it gets dodgy VFR for periods at a time. It kind of depends whether you are talking about CAVU type wx or something less than that. The amount of flying that the college in Moncton does and has done over the last 3/4 of a century indicates that they aren't the worst place to fly. If you want some good experience then it's a place to consider.