PDA

View Full Version : What do i expect from EASA

trevs99uk
23rd Oct 2003, 18:27
EASA when they get there act together.
What i would like to see.

IMC to become a european wide rating.

NPPL to become the basis of a european wide licence.

90 day revalidation can be completed with a safety pilot on board.

NIGHT VFR to be accepted everywhere in Europe.

Permit aircraft to be valid in every county.

Aircraft over 40 years old automatic rights to a Permit.

Microlights/ULM 1 european standard and aircraft valid in every country.

Microlights/ULM aircraft night acceptable

Transponder not required outside controlled airspace.

Un Licensed airfield available for training as long as certain conditions met.

There is probably more but i can,t think of them at present.

Rgds trevor
PPL A/NPPL SEP/NPPL MICROLIGHT :ok:

dublinpilot
23rd Oct 2003, 19:59
umm...don't hold your breath

The Nr Fairy
24th Oct 2003, 01:36
Trev:

Of course that will be on EASA's list. Just as soon as they've finished regulating the big iron . . .

zalt
24th Oct 2003, 01:55
Well even the R-22 is affected for example! One EU national authority is currently tasked with monitoring the type's continued airworthiness for EASA and approval of mods is now done at EASA HQ....

Mike Cross
24th Oct 2003, 17:21
It has been suggested that the prime motivator for EASA is Aerospatiale. If you look at the EU documentation it is all about getting europe-wide certification for commercial air transport.

I believe that we are likely to see ICAO licenses and ratings accepted across the EASA states. i.e. if you have an ICAO license or rating issued by one EASA state it will be valid in any other EASA state. So you could on the basis of a UK PPL fly a French Registered aircraft in German airspace for example. Commercial pilots would be able to move between EASA carriers without problems.

Purely UK licenses and ratings which do not have an ICAO equivalent such as the NPPL and IMC look unlikely to be extended europe-wide.

EASA have already recognised the impracticality of some of their proposals and gliders and permit aircraft are continuing for the time being to have their airworthiness ensured by national bodies rather than EASA.

The PFA have some explanatory info here (http://www.pfa.org.uk/easa/index.asp)

Mike

shortstripper
25th Oct 2003, 00:29
What do I expect from EASA? ....... hmmmm:hmm: short answer ... trouble! :uhoh:

IM