PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet A319's

Silkman
19th Oct 2003, 20:05
Easyjet are registering their new A319's in the Uk with a G- reg on delivery, cancelling them on the same day and re-registering with HB- reg's. Anybody know why ???
:confused:

amanoffewwords
20th Oct 2003, 00:13
Because they will be based in Switzerland according to this (http://www.airbus.com/dynamic/media/press_releases.asp#1375)

mfuller_uk
21st Oct 2003, 07:20
the reason why they are being registered in switzerland is becuase they are going to easyjet Switzerland. This is a seperate company to easyjet and came about when easyjet wanted to expand into switzerland but due to restrictions on ownership and freedom rights as switzerland isnt in the EU then it has to be a swis company. I cannot remeber the name of the company before easyjet brought it. they did it this way as its the easiest way for easyjet to get into the swiz market. An example of this is if you want to fly to swizerland with easyjet you come back before you leave i.e. the first leg of the formation is swiz -->UK rather than UK--> as it would be if the company was based in the uk.

Hope that makes sense.

Michael Fuller
Loughborough University
ATM Part B

Golf Charlie Charlie
21st Oct 2003, 07:37
If I recall well, the name of the Swiss company which easyJet acquired was TEA Switzerland. This company traced its origins back to part of the old Trans European Airlines of Belgium, which some people here may recall. The Belgian company, I think, ceased to fly before the Swiss company was sold.