PDA

View Full Version : IMC Long time re-test?

shortstripper
16th Oct 2003, 10:54
Hi all,

Not sure the best place to post this question, but I figure someone here may be better equipped to answer than the private pilots forum ...?

I undertook the IMC rating about 7 years ago, and due to bad weather (which stopped the test) only got a partial. Work, lack of money ect stopped me getting back in the prescribed time to complete and I never managed to get back and finish the rating. At the time, although dissappionted, I wasn't too worried as I'd only done it to make sure I had something to fall back on safety wise in time of need ... ie getting into bad weather unintentionally.

Time moves on and I now would like to "slowly" move towards getting an instructors rating (quickly if I had the money:rolleyes: ) Obviuosly an IMC rating would now be desirable, but would I need to do the whole course again? or would it be a matter of flying with an istructor, agreeing areas that needed re-covering and after that resitting the test?

Also, in the immediate future, I'd like to do a night rating. Would my previous instrument time count toward this at all?

IM

BEagle
16th Oct 2003, 15:15
IMC Rating: You will need to take the theoretical examination again; however, your previous IF time still counts. Thus you will need to refresh your IF prior to the test, but there are no minimum hours requirements. See LASORS Section E3 and Appendices to Section E.

Night rating: No such thing. It’s now a ‘night qualification’. There are no credits for IF in the required syllabus of training for the night qualification. See LASORS Section E4.

shortstripper
17th Oct 2003, 15:32
Thanks for that ... nice to get some clarification :)

IM

scubawasp
20th Oct 2003, 00:20
I was always under the impression that if you had a CAA PPL then you did obtain a night rating, or should I say that although it is now called a night qualification that the same rules apply to the CAA PPL as norm, but JAA PPLs must satisfy that they are up to the 4 hour ex19 standard as CAA PPLs. Also CAA PPLs still get the hours of the IMC whilst JAA candiates don't. Or have I read it wrong???