PDA

View Full Version : Abingdon Fayre 2004

Neil Porter
16th Oct 2003, 00:18
I have already posted this in an earlier thread titled "Anyone flying in Oxfordshire" by chinchilla.612 at 612 VGS, Abingdon - but my 5th annual "ABINGDON FAYRE" charity event, a mini airshow / country fayre style event will be taking place once again on Sun 2 May 2004.

The Static / Flying Displays will again contain Vintage, aerobatic, Military participation, Privately owned ex Military Jets..

This is normally the only time aircraft are allowed to land here, we do have a limited number of slots available (80 - 90 types to include aerobatic, ex Military) and although no fuel is available, you don't have to pay a landing fee!!!
One thing i stipulate is if you can, to depart after the flying display has finished as many people like to see the mass of departures after the show!

Anyone interested in flying into Abingdon on the 2 May for the above, it is strictly PPR from me.
Please send details of your aircraft type & reg, & your home address etc etc to:
[email protected]

Airfield briefing sheets will be sent to you in March 2004 onwards but don't leave it too long to book in otherwise you won't get in!

Please also log on to our website, which will undergo a revamp shortly on:
www.abingdonfayre.latest-info.com

Keep checking the site regulary especially in the New Year as details will start to be added..

Abingdon is still used by RAF 612 VGS at weekends for motorglider training, & RAF Merlins, Pumas & AAC Apache Helicopters during the week at times for training if you did not know already!

DamienB
16th Oct 2003, 00:28
...and anyone flying in from anywhere in/near Northants, myself and Mrs_DamienB could do with an airborne lift... I can navigate, hold the stick, or take piccies of you doing your Top Gun bit - your choice :E

vintage ATCO
16th Oct 2003, 03:25
Bu@@er, same day as the first Shuttleworth display of the season.

VA

Man-on-the-fence
16th Oct 2003, 05:26
Now that is going to be a difficult one, 5 minutes down the road to my Local airshow or 1hr30 to my favourite place.

I shall ponder over a good vintage Scotch at Christmas and make my decision.

Aussie Andy
4th Nov 2003, 21:38
B8mmer: change of plan means I can't go!

Andy :ouch:

MADGASTERS
4th Nov 2003, 23:00
I am hopeing to fly into this , was at the last one but in my MG on own car club stand . Will see if i can book a plane for the day.

Paul

Neil Porter
16th Nov 2003, 00:05
Looking especially for Chipmunk & Bulldog owners to book in - two types that were here at Abingdon from the early 1970's til 92..
PM or e-mail me with details: [email protected]

Shaping up well for 2004 with some interesting aero / non aero exhibits,

MADGASTERS - i trust you know a good friend of mine , Alan - B- Cox with his MG??

Neil Porter
4th Apr 2004, 07:11
To warn you to keep away from Abingdon between 1400hrs & 1500hrs local on Sat 1 May due to Mil aircraft display rehearsals & all day Sun 2 May (if you have not booked in of course!) due to increased actvity & the Flying Program...... we will have a 3nm radius & vertical height up to 7000ft...

Looking good and we are all very excited!!!! - just hope for decent weather !!!

If you are a Chipmunk fan, have 9 Chipmunks booked in so far!!!!
Not far off 85 types at the mo incl GA, ex Mil & few Jets / Helis..

Thanks to all who have so far booked in with their aircraft......:ok:
www.abingdonfayre.latest-info.com

FNG
30th Apr 2004, 07:44
I have had to cancel my planned visit to this event, so there might be a slot going if you contact Neil.