PDA

View Full Version : New Prestwick Centre?

weselfluren
10th Oct 2003, 20:57
This story is up on the BBC Scotland Website - any truth in it? NATS don't seem to make too much run to schedule when the management become involved........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3179336.stm

PH-UKU
11th Oct 2003, 06:23
Sooty says ....... at least it's better news than being told that it's not being built ! Until the day I walk into the new building and plug my headset in (perhaps it'll be WiFi by then ;) ), I will remain mildly optimistic but naturally sceptical - we have been told many things before, however this time ........................... surely ?

However, when you bear in mind that two medium sized airliners cost the same as the latest NSC estimate (caŁ150m), and that each day the old centre handles 2000+ aircraft, it kind of puts the investment prevarication into a beanstealy perspective. But how oh how does it take 6 years from now to get it up and running ? Boeing could design, build and ship a new plane in that time. Let's see some leadership, get it up and running in 3 - 4 years and get Manch up ealrier too - that would save millions in the long run.

By comparison exactly how long did it take NATS to plan design and build their new 'technical centre' in the sacred southeast ...... ? Not 6 years that's for sure.