PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 medical issued age 27-29?

Evo
4th Oct 2003, 01:18
...then read this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1016502#post1016502). The expiry date on my medical is wrong ... is yours?

HTH :*

dublinpilot
4th Oct 2003, 17:40
Interesting that.

When I got mine done, my AME, so that because I was under 30, it would last for five years, even though I'd be 34 then.

Then later my flight bag got stolen, so I had to get the medical re-issued by the IAA. They re-issued it with only a year 2 validity (i was still 29), so I queried it. They re-issued it with a 5 year validity.

SlipSlider
4th Oct 2003, 23:26
Evo, fwiw my previous medical specified an incorrect (early) expiry date. By e-mail the CAA said it was OK and no need to get the piece of paper amended, as it's the rules that count not the AMEs arithmetic. If he had put 2030 instead of 2003 would you expect to have an extra 27 years .....?
Slip
(sorry Evo, looking again at your post this is not exactly a relevant comment...)

Evo
5th Oct 2003, 00:21
it's the rules that count not the AMEs arithmetic. If he had put 2030 instead of 2003 would you expect to have an extra 27 years .....?

Yeah, but I shouldn't have to know the rules better than the AME, and the expiry date on mine wasn't obviously wrong - I always believed that the a medical issued during your twenties was valid for five years ('cos the AME told me so... :rolleyes: ).

I think it's serious because if I hadn't seen the question in the Medical forum then i'd have been flying 'PIC' without a licence for seven months ... and if i'd crunched the aeroplane during that time guess what the insurance would have said? I've had a couple of emails from others in the same boat so at least this thread has done some good :)