PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Airshow 12 Oct

strake
3rd Oct 2003, 16:48
Anyone flying into Duxford for the Autumn airshow?

ModernDinosaur
4th Oct 2003, 01:31
Weather permitting, yes, me, with three (non-PPRuNe) passengers from Redhill.

Cheers,

MD.

Zlin526
4th Oct 2003, 02:26
I shall be 'flying' into Duxford, via the main gate, in the car...

Zed

jackyboy
5th Oct 2003, 21:38
Been there twice on non show days. Am considering going on the 12th, weather etc etc.

Anyone know how much PPR they need, (ie Day before, 2 days etc) and as the show starts at 1330 do you get a slot to be there by.
Last but not least, can you get off before the show ends. Thinking about sunset times as I havn't a night rating.

Cusco
6th Oct 2003, 00:02
I'm hoping to be there with 2 non-pruners , weather permitting and provided A/c is back from its 150 hr check this week.

Jacky boy:

You need a slot which are usually available up to about midday IIRC. The slot will have a code number (booking number) and you won't get in without one or if you significantly miss your slot time (though you may be able to negotiate on the radio)

You need to telephone Duxford ATC 01223 833376 and they will ask you if you have read AIC 10/2002 (Yellow 72) and understand and can comply with it. (find it at the CAA website)

If you haven't then don't even bother ringing till you have as it is concerned with all aspects of special events at Duxford.

Oh , and BTW, slots are often booked up weeks in advance, though you may get a cancellation.

Fly in visitors are not usually permitted to leave till the show is over, though I have seen a Belgian reg twin a few years back allowed to go early.

Safe flying:

Anyone got an idea for a RVP?.

Cusco

strake
6th Oct 2003, 02:41
Jackyboy,

As advised, you will need a slot allocated. Phone Duxford after 1000 local and they will provide detail. However, as previously mentioned, you will need to affirm that you have read AIC Pink 72 so read it before calling.
Find it here:
http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/login.jsp

Once you have logged in it's under Docs/AIC.

Duxford Ops is 01223 833376

The AIC states that visiting A/C may not leave before the show finishes but, you never know, they're pretty flexible.....
Hope to see you there.

Strake

By the way, as of Sunday 5/10, there were still plenty of slots available

Cusco
6th Oct 2003, 04:28
Hello strake:

Don't try to confuse jacky boy too much:

Its actually yellow 72 (AIC 10/2002)

Gawd knows where pink 72 will lead him.

Safe (and accurate) flying

Cusco.

jackyboy
6th Oct 2003, 19:06
Thanks for the advice and link. Have found and read it.

Will phone Duxford today and hope to be there on the day.

strake
13th Oct 2003, 16:04
Cusco,

Just managed to read this mail after a few days.......God alone knows where I got Pink rather than yellow from, must be my feminine side......

Thought the day was rather good. Still don't understand the departure slot system though:D