PDA

View Full Version : December 17th plans

woodey
3rd Oct 2003, 01:32
Anyone know of anniversary events planned for December 17th?
(have I got that date right?)

Woodey

skydriller
3rd Oct 2003, 01:53
My Birthday.........:p

treadigraph
3rd Oct 2003, 15:41
Will you be 100 as well then skydriller?! :)

I'm going to watch "Dick Barton, Special Agent" at The Warehouse Theatre, and I'm sure the script will get it in somehow! But I shall be raising a glass before, during and after the performance! :ok:

Philip Whiteman
3rd Oct 2003, 20:05
I am going to register for AOPA's Grand Centennial Fly-out then, on the day, fly the famous 120 feet in my Cub, my brother being the wing-tip runner (but no coin toss, because he's not yet got his PPL). Afterwards, I will send a suitable donation to the RAF Benevolent fund.

AOPA is keeping track of the total mass of light aircraft and passengers flying on the day. In one of those curous quirks of history, the Wright Flyer weighed about the same as a J-3 Cub, and its 12 hp motor was not much heavier than an A-65.

To register: http://www.aopa.co.uk

TheKentishFledgling
4th Oct 2003, 00:13
tKF's going to Earl's Court to see the Stereophonics? :confused: :cool:

Seriously though, watching that program on Channel 5 the other night, I was thinking the same.

tKF

woodey
6th Oct 2003, 08:31
That sounds like a good plan for the day, Philip. I'm not an AOPA member at this point in time, but maybe now's a goodtime to join.

Woodey

DOC.400
17th Oct 2003, 00:59
So, what ARE you all doing?

Booked my 'plane out of White Waltham for the day, so where are we going/meeting?

DOC

PS I Fly For Food

Wycombe
17th Oct 2003, 05:08
At my Club, we're having a "get as many pilots to fly on that day as possible" day. If the weather's ok and enough sign-up, we will probably end up doing a circuit each.

Afterwards, we'll retire to the Clubhouse for some seasonal refreshments.

DOC.400
17th Oct 2003, 05:50
Oh, wow -read yawn. I want to GO somewhere!!!

Pal nr Compton Abbas suggested that + visit to the new site of the Blue Max museum.

Shuttleworth is also open -PPR.

DOC