PDA

View Full Version : French airspace infringement

IO540
2nd Oct 2003, 17:40
I just wonder what do the French do if someone infringes some restricted airspace there, on the way back to the UK?

They have no jurisdiction in the UK, but presumably if one wants to fly to France ever again one must pay some sort of fine? How is that done; do the CAA collect it on behalf of the DGAC? Do the CAA prosecute on behalf of the DGAC?

skydriller
2nd Oct 2003, 18:09
Why, Think you have been naughty?:ooh: :E :p

Regards, SD.:D

Aerobatic Flyer
2nd Oct 2003, 18:14
If their Mirages don't catch you first, they write a nasty letter to the CAA who write a nasty one to you - so I'm told. You need to write back very humbly, admitting you're the worst pilot in the world and promising never to do it again.

Flyin'Dutch'
2nd Oct 2003, 18:22
AF is correct.

No the CAA can not prosecute on the DGAC's behalf over here just like a court will not put you on trial for an offence committed in another country.

The DGAC can obviously seek to prosecute you as they did some years ago when a French parachutist fell through a British glider wing.

FD

Aerobatic Flyer
2nd Oct 2003, 19:47
when a French parachutist fell through a British glider wing.

Having first (illegally) fallen through a cloud....

Flyin'Dutch'
2nd Oct 2003, 20:02
I think the Brits were acquited by the court.

If my memory serves me right the parachutist was the son of a high ranking officer of the French Air Force.

I thought at the time that the glider pilots were very good for going back into the lion's den and go to the trial.

FD