PDA

View Full Version : Channel 5, 8pm Tonight

Monocock
2nd Oct 2003, 02:10
I know I might be a :8

but on C5 at 8pm tonight there is a documentary that looks :cool: .

Looks like i'd better tell the wife to go and catch some :zzz: so I can watch it.

Have just suggested the early :zzz: .

Got a :ouch: .

I think she had some :E in mind.

Can someone video it please?:(

BRL
2nd Oct 2003, 02:44
What is it????????

Monocock
2nd Oct 2003, 02:49
It's called Greatest Ever Flights.

Looks like it might be worthy of a cold Bud and a switched off mobile for an hour.:ok:

BRL
2nd Oct 2003, 02:56
Check your PM's sir...... :)

Monocock
2nd Oct 2003, 04:06
Thank you L

You are a true gentleman!

Kolibear
2nd Oct 2003, 20:11
It started off well by announcing that the Wright Brothers were amateur airmen, there weren't any professionalsthey could ask for advice.

A self-evident truth maybe?

The programm was advertised as the Top 10 Flights, but after describing the Wright Brothers, Lindbergh, the Gloster E?? (first jet aircraft), Chuck Yeager's 1st supersonic flight, it sort of degenerated into a top 10 of aircraft when it covered B747, Concorde and the Space Shuttle.

Although we saw Voyagers unfuelled flight around the world, (which seem to cross the Pacific twice but not the Atlantic), not mention was made of the first balloon flight round the world.

6/10, can do better.

The Nr Fairy
2nd Oct 2003, 20:53
I agree.

No mention of anything rotary related, except in the Harrier piece, and helicopters have (allegedly) saved more lives than they've taken.

FlyFreeWbe
2nd Oct 2003, 21:43
:( I can't watch it either...I've got uni til late and then I'm off to another meeting... Is there a second showing do you know??

FFW

Flyin'Dutch'
2nd Oct 2003, 21:52
Nothing to be too heartbroken over if you missed it.

Was moderately interesting but most information was old and shown before.

FD