PDA

View Full Version : Concorde at EGCC, when?

EGCC4284
29th Sep 2003, 08:52
Does anyone know what dates and time's Concorde is due into EGCC for it's last flight?????

gordonroxburgh
29th Sep 2003, 19:01
Oct 22nd

http://www.concordesst.com/retire/diary.html

bagpuss lives
30th Sep 2003, 03:01
It's due to arrive at 1145L on 22nd October and will be parked on taxiway Bravo, as close as possible to the aviation viewing park (where BA are having a bit of a shebang too) for the duration of the visit. A fine sight it'll be too :)

It'll then depart back to EGLL at 1545L and that'll be that.

Also, I believe the aircraft will remain "clean" (free from equipment etc) between 1400hrs and 1420hrs to enable some decent photos to be taken.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I wonder if there's any chance of us poor ATC bods getting a closer look? ;)

EGCC4284
30th Sep 2003, 23:12
niteflight, thanks for the info.

Regards 84.

1st Oct 2003, 04:08
Jolly hard luck chaps.......my personal weather prediction programme has thrown a wobbly.......strong south south westerly, driving rain under a low overcast. Take a pacamac!

bagpuss lives
1st Oct 2003, 06:29
This is Manchester mate - what else are we supposed to expect? :)

bagpuss lives
12th Oct 2003, 19:11
For those that haven't heard it's being widely reported today that Concorde G-BOAC is to be given to the Aviation Viewing Park at Manchester formally on 31st October 2003 where it will go on display with the other aircraft there (a list supposedly comprising of the RJX, a 748, an ATP, a 1-11, and a couple of mil examples)

Glad to see that all of the Concordes aren't going to be stuck "down south" :)

It'll certainly make the view out of the VCR more interesting :D

Scott Voigt
13th Oct 2003, 11:40
Speaking of Concorde....

They have one set up at the new Aviation wing of the Smithsonian set to open in December at Dulles airport. I for one am looking forward to one of my DC trips to wind my way through all those pristine aircraft... Hope some of you get to go and visit too.

regards

Scott

Timothy
13th Oct 2003, 16:08
It'll certainly make the view out of the VCR more interesting Looks better in the air :(

W

chiglet
13th Oct 2003, 22:28
Sounds better too :ok:
BTW N/f I don't think that we'll see much 'cos of the golf driving range :{
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Warped Factor
14th Oct 2003, 01:32
Twin parallel runways and a Concorde at Manch....why, you'll soon be a proper airport :p

WF.

Scottie Dog
14th Oct 2003, 01:50
Chiglet

I always wondered what you did in the quiter moments - now we know! Whats your par for the VCR round? Does the chute count as a natural hazard?

bagpuss lives
14th Oct 2003, 02:18
I was, for some reason, under the impression that the whole viewing park shebang was to be moved southside - to a site adjacent to (but not blocking) the new south side fire station? You can even see the newly created mounds of earth intended for the purpose of knocker resting :)

If so these aircraft they're shoving over there will look very nice indeed :)

I can't see where they'd find the room for Concorde and the other stuff in their present location?

Barshifter
15th Oct 2003, 16:35
Its has been reported in this mornings press that they are asking spectators to stay away as the airport is busy enough when Concorde make's its final flight.

Barshifter

gingernut
15th Oct 2003, 16:47
Ever tried an alternative view of the airport ?

http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&x=380000&y=383000&width=500&height=310&scale=25000&down.x=12&down.y=16

Approached from Mobberley (I think its Lady Lane), head for the Bridleway which parallels 24L. Nice views from elevated path.

PS don't tell anyone.

Barnaby the Bear
16th Oct 2003, 17:01
I think it is disgusting that these beauties largely paid for by the Brit. public, are going to be displayed like airfix models in the first place. Let Richard B have a crack at them!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself :{

EGCC Rwy 24
17th Oct 2003, 04:16
Yes,

Lady Lane. See here for more (http://www.plane-mad.com/guide_view.php?guide=man) - and no, that is not my own work!

Personally, I found some good views from the very end of Lady Lane - aim the camera over the crash gates.

Nick
Nick Locke's Reporting Points (http://www.ReportingPoints.info)

chiglet
17th Oct 2003, 05:53
Hope your car wasn't parked there, Nick.......otherwise, it's nick-nick :ok:
cheers
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Sir George Cayley
18th Oct 2003, 10:52
I'm lead to believe that R1 is the preferred RWY for Concorde so positioning oneself for R2 may be a mistake

All the bigwigs will be in a tent on the AVP so a 24R deaprture would seem logical so they get the full effect!

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyones door

bagpuss lives
18th Oct 2003, 17:54
I can confrim that Concorde will NOT be using Runway 2 at all. The departure and arrival will be off 24R / 06L.

Squadgy
19th Oct 2003, 00:26
A few years ago didn't a Concorde cause a load of noise complaints by departing off 06L, with a left turn out right over the City centre? As a result of this isn't there an agreement that Concordes will only depart off 24R regardless of wind??

bagpuss lives
21st Oct 2003, 06:06
Not as far as I'm aware, no.

Concorde will use 24R / 06L dependant on wind etc etc

Flap Speed
23rd Oct 2003, 09:33
Sadly I was unable to make what was from all accounts a spectacular day today at EGCC.

I did get a fantastic view a few years back when 24L/06R was a muddy strip of land and I just happened to be inside the construction site when it came in and left again about 90 mins later. :ok: ... and no I wasn't chained up in a tree :suspect:

However, given the chance I would love to see it again. From what I can gather the official handover to EGCC of GBOAC is Friday 31st October? Can anyone shed any light on this? Will it be flying in on that day or are there other arrangements for it?

Many thanks