PDA

View Full Version : Saab 2000

Vandelay
13th Aug 2001, 19:30
Hi. From the flightdeck pictures I've seen of the Saab 2000, all I see are the power levers in the center console... how would this work out for a turboprop? ...without any condition levers.

Thanks for the help.

wysiwyg
13th Aug 2001, 22:19
Works just fine. There are other turboprops out there too that also integrate the engine controls into one lever per engine.

regards
wizzy

+TS
13th Aug 2001, 23:41
Hi,

Engines are Fadec controlled and Power lever movement gives input to Fadec. Fadec will adjust prop pitch to hold the RPM constant.
(eg. 900 Rpm in cruise). Basicly the same as normal constant speed prop's.

ft
15th Aug 2001, 11:57
But there IS a CL on the SB20! Small knobs below and to the side of the power levers. They do look more like switches. :)

On the other hand the only have three positions: Fuel off, start and run.

The RPM used (950 or 1100) is decided by a power management unit (PMU) to give maximum power or maximum efficiency. Pilot input is selecting an operating mode - TOGA, CRZ, CLB, MCP (Max Cont Power).

A neat feature is that although there is no throttle servo you still have A/T of sorts. You leave the throttle levers fully forward but the PMU then changes the "scale" of the throttles so that while full forward in TOGA of course will be full power@1100 RPM, full forward in CRZ will be something less than 75% power@950 RPM.

Cheers,
/ft

wysiwyg
15th Aug 2001, 14:29
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the old F27 have a single lever system?