PDA

View Full Version : Help: How busy is Morristown, NJ airport

FlyingConsultant
23rd Sep 2003, 21:20
[not sure whether this is the right forum....]

Hi there,

I am about to move to NJ, and I like the Madison area. Property prices are incredible there, but you go where work moves you, I guess.

I was wondering how busy the Morristown Muni airport is - and whether there are any plans to have commercial service there (I understand there is a lot of corporate flying out of there now). I don't mind living close to an airport (I fly 2-4 times/week), but I want to make sure I do not spend an insane amount of money just to end up right underneath the approach path for the next EWR

also, is there a way to find the typical approach and takeoff pattern online?

Thanks for the help

FC

PS: to all controllers out there - I am impressed. Whenever I listen in on UA (especially into ORD), I hear professionals who don't seem to have time to breathe and still sound relaxed.

FWA NATCA
24th Sep 2003, 00:53
Flying Consultant,

Here is some information from the Morristown NATCA Web Site http://mmu.natca.net

MMU averages 260,000 operations per year; the 2nd busiest airport in NJ, and usually around 49th in the country.

Busiest days for IFR traffic are Monday through Thursday.

Saturday and Sunday are busy with VFR traffic.

Runway 12/30 is now 13/31 due to magnetic variation changes.

As you can see MMU is one busy little airport. To get answers to your specific questions call the Control Tower and talk with the NATCA rep.

Mike R
NATCA FWA

FlyingConsultant
25th Sep 2003, 02:21
Thanks for the reply. What a busy place - more movements than Houston international (according to the website)...

Have a nice day

FC