PDA

View Full Version : Shipdham on Sunday

In Altissimus
19th Sep 2003, 17:52
Just wondering whether anyone is flying into Shipdham for their 'fattening puddings' fly-in on Sunday?

i.e. I'm looking for an excuse to fly somewhere ;)

LowNSlow
20th Sep 2003, 01:56
As my visit to Wales has been cancelled I might well join you for a coronary on a platter :ok: :ok:

Cusco
20th Sep 2003, 03:25
Watch out for FOD and if you value your prop don't go: The tarmac is pretty atrocious.

Safe flying and dink-free landings

Cusco;)

Keef
20th Sep 2003, 03:28
Working on Sunday (often do ). Enjoy it, those who go.

In Altissimus
20th Sep 2003, 17:04
Cusco,

I'm sure it will come to me as soon as I type this - but what is 'FOD'?

All,

I've booked the 'plane so it looks like I will be going - and my passenger is hunting for an eligible pilot - so watch out :ooh:

Cusco
20th Sep 2003, 22:18
Foreigh Object Damage

Like the s*dding great lump of tarmac that made such a dent in our prop a few years ago that the prop had to be replaced.

Aeroplane is now banned from Shipdam.

Only my personal view mind: they might have had the surface done: tho' an acquaintance, who not so long ago kept his a/c there and vigorously defended the surface, suddenly took his a/c elsewhere for exactly the same reason ! If you do go, enjoy yourself.

Safe flying

Cusco

maggioneato
21st Sep 2003, 05:30
I landed at Shipdham last Wed and did'nt have any problem with the runway. The old disused one is a bit rough, but then you're not going to use that are you.

LowNSlow
21st Sep 2003, 22:47
Didn't see anything wrong with the runway at Shipdam. The disused was rough but the useable areas seemed perfectly servicable to me.

The blueberry muffins were lovely :cool: and the pancakes with maple syrup seemed to be enjoyed by In Altissimus and his " consort" :cool: :cool:

In Altissimus
22nd Sep 2003, 00:46
Very true LnS - although after you left we felt compelled to consume a large plate of chips. :E

A grand day out if ever there was one.