PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2004 course & leave allowances

slink
17th Sep 2003, 04:26
Hi all,

Has anyone due to start the ATCO course in Jan '04 heard anything official from NATS yet? The last I got was a phone call with the date of January 5th, about 2 months ago, then nothing. I appreciate that HR have moved, but a call to them seemed to draw a blank too, so it seems rather premature for me to consider handing in my notice (which I'm not doing until I get something in writing), but I am supposed to give 3 months...

On another note, what's the leave situation during the course? I understand NATS tell you when you are on leave, and you don't have any flexibility - is this absolute, or can there be allowances made? My brother has decided to get married in the middle of my course - most inconvenient, especially as he asked me to be his best man!

Cheers, and hope to see some of you in sunny Bournemouth come January.

Slink.

Bright-Ling
17th Sep 2003, 05:55
Sorry fella - but NATS personell/HR/Recruitment were simply pants before they moved.

To expect that they would be any better when relocating is unrealistic!!

Good luck - once you get in you can of course ignore those wasters, like all the other ATCO's do.

B-L

roger
17th Sep 2003, 06:07
slink
I'm sure you'd get a couple of days off for the wedding.
We need committed guys (and girls,) like you in our company. Can't wait to meet, share a coffee etc..
roger

niknak
17th Sep 2003, 06:21
Leave?!
Jeez.... you'll expect to get paid next........:p