PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy a quick pint this coming Friday in London??

BRL
15th Sep 2003, 04:48
Hi all, I am going to be in London on friday afternoon and should be done about 1700. If anyone fancies a quick pint after work then I will be in the Old Bank of England on Fleet Street from about 1730ish........

Tall_guy_in_a_152
16th Sep 2003, 19:38
An unusually quiet response to a drinking opportunity!:confused:

I hope to be flying on Friday afternoon, but if the weather forces a change of plan (forecast is drizzle) then I could be very tempted to nip into town for a bit of shopping and a pint.

TG.

BRL
16th Sep 2003, 19:48
A bit quiet indeed. Its a bit short notice really but a few people have e-mailed/PM'ed showing interest and may catch up later. I will be on my way accross town anyway so will drop in for an hour or two. All welcome and the first pint is on me...!!!!!! :D

treadigraph
16th Sep 2003, 19:58
Love to, but I have a leaving do to attend...

Next time!

Regards

Treadders

In Altissimus
16th Sep 2003, 23:46
Drinkies on a FRIDAY, how terribly last century of you Paul :rolleyes: Thursday has been the 'new Friday' for years around here.

Dunno if I can make it mate - but you know that if I can, I will ;)

p.s. No cameras! (at least not when I do my scarily accurate :} impression)

mad_jock
17th Sep 2003, 04:51
I can possibly make it as well

Any chance of some directions.

MJ

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
17th Sep 2003, 05:18
MJ,

The Old Bank of England (known to habituees as the OBOE :cool: ) is on the north side of the Strand. See this map (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=531142&Y=181139&A=Y&Z=1). Nearest tubes, sorry, IAFs, are Temple (District, Circle) or Chancery Lane (Central Line)

Hope to make it too.

Keef
17th Sep 2003, 06:49
Can't do Friday, but I'm in Lunnun on Tuesday 23rd and wouldn't be averse to a jar somewhere, either lunchtime (got a 2pm meeting near Victoria), or evening (ie post 5pm).

Anyone around and likely to be thirsty (don't tell me it's tuesty...)

Rallye Driver
17th Sep 2003, 22:52
I should be able to make it on Friday, but my alcohol intake will be strictly limited as I'm flying our Yak on Saturday morning and need a clear head! :E

RD

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
18th Sep 2003, 05:05
Keef,

I'll probably be around Tuesday aswell if you want to meet for a beer :ok:

scopeland
18th Sep 2003, 19:31
I would love to have come assuming I am not banned for being naughty...... But I have to collect my airplane back from its CofA.

G SXTY
18th Sep 2003, 21:52
Let me get this right Paul - it's just 'a' quick pint, and you're buying the first one? :)

See you at 1730ish?

BRL
19th Sep 2003, 02:05
Hi there. I say both statements in the above post slightly tongue-in-cheek but if you want t pint then I wont shy away from buying you one..!!!!! :)
Originally it was a quick one on the way home in the evening and I really wasn't expecting anyone to turn up considering it such short notice hence the offer of a free pint. :D

Anyhow, should be a good little get together and I hope to see you all there from 1730ish........

Saab Dastard
19th Sep 2003, 05:51
BRL,

Still working in Croydon, but if I can get there at a reasonable time (before 18:30) I will try me best.

Cheers

SD

mad_jock
19th Sep 2003, 17:36
Can't make it now :(

Been caught up in all the pre wedding bollocks and now have to be in tunbridgewells in the evening.

MJ

G SXTY
19th Sep 2003, 17:48
Weddings getting in the way of a Pprune bash? That's the worst excuse I've ever heard. ;)

mad_jock
19th Sep 2003, 18:06
Well I know which I would prefer to go to.

The whole though of spending so much money you could pay your morgage off 5 years early is totally stupid.

In fact I think this weekend would pay for a cpl and IR

MJ

Tall_guy_in_a_152
20th Sep 2003, 01:59
The cloud finally lifted late afternoon so I went flying instead of boozing. I am having a beer now and am with you in spirit(s) if not in person.

Cheers!

TG.

BRL
20th Sep 2003, 07:11
I knew you were not going to come as the WX around Redhill was superb compered to Brighton.

Thanks for those who did make it, there were six of us in the end, not a bad turnout considering the late notice of this.
A big thanks to G-SXTY, Saab-Dastard, Rallye Driver, RTFM(romeo-tango-foxtrot-mike) and 18 Greens. Thanks for coming guys, mucho appreciated, it was much-needed therapy, thanks.:ok:

In Altissimus
20th Sep 2003, 17:07
Sorry I couldn't make it in the end - I had to pick up my 'hairdressermobile' (see JetBlast...) from it's 'star annual'. Still, I bet my head feels better than all yours this morning :D

Tall_guy_in_a_152
20th Sep 2003, 23:14
Redhill was nice .... but unfortunately I chose yesterday to check out Shoreham as a possible second base of flying activities!

As I drove down from Surrey (cloudbase approx 4000 ft) the cloud and vis dropped more and more the further down the A23 I drove. The Downs loomed out of the mist at Pyecombe and it became obvious that the chances of getting airborne were low.

Things did improve a bit at Shoreham, but the ATIS declared broken at 1200, which did not give much leeway for an 1100ft circuit. I decided to pass a bit of time at the airfield and headed down to Tr__sair to have look around and restock my flightbag. Unfortunately the staff were too busy playing on the flight simulator to take my money, so I put the pencils back on the shelf and left.

Back at the club and the cloud was up to about 1500ft so I decided to go for a few familiarisation circuits instead of my planned trip to Hastings. The circuit suddenly got very busy. I think the locals were all poised to go the moment the weather lifted and I had to wait a couple of minutes just to get my initial call in.

This post is rapidly turning into a PIREP so I will stop rambling and just say that I liked Shoreham and I can now appreciate the Shoreham ATC thread. They did a fine job.

TG.

G SXTY
21st Sep 2003, 03:35
Anytime you need more lager therapy BRL, you just say the word . . .:)

Rallye Driver
23rd Sep 2003, 00:48
Quite agree.

My landings in the Yak on Saturday morning were OK as well!

RD :ok: