PDA

View Full Version : Jodel D112 group at Goodwood?

Evo
14th Sep 2003, 03:16
Copied from the PFA boards, slightly edited after chatting to the organizer

Still at the planning stage but I thought I'd see if there's any interest out there. Sorry for the ad!

1/4 shares in PFA permit Jodel D112 to be based at Goodwood or possibly a local farm strip ( subject to utilising a longer field than at present! ). Same owner for 15 years ... no damage and always hangared.

Projected costs with insurance would be around £70/mth (1/4share ) ... or if farm strip based £25/mth with an hourly rate somewhere around £20. Cost of the aircraft would be 1/4 of £12k but this could be spread ( interest free ) over 3 years if someone is genuinely interested.

PM me if interested and i'll put you in touch (I'm interested too, btw, but don't let that put you off ;) ).

and thanks, BRL :ok:

QNH 1013
14th Sep 2003, 04:40
Brilliant group aircraft the D112. Low maintenance, easy to fly, very cheap flying. I've been in a D112 group for over five years and it has transformed my flying. Ours costs £37 per month each (six members) and then £6 per hour dry (we buy our own fuel). Go for it.

BEXIL160
14th Sep 2003, 21:01
Very interested... there is a PM for you!:)

Evo
14th Sep 2003, 21:34
BEXIL, you've got email :)

Evo
16th Sep 2003, 17:59
BTTT, just in case :ok:

BEXIL160
16th Sep 2003, 21:06
Thanks EVO....

Been in touch and there should be a meeting of minds later in the week...

Hope to see you there.

Rgds BEX

Evo
16th Sep 2003, 23:40
Wilco, BEX. :ok:

shortstripper
27th Sep 2003, 13:08
Hi EVO, BEX,

Ivan here .... thought I'd better get registered on here as it seems the place to be ... well, if not in the air!

:)

BEXIL160
27th Sep 2003, 23:48
Hello Shortstripper (Neat name: Yes, I know why Ian, but everyone else here might not get the idea.. or might get the WRONG one :O )......

Tried to find Bracklesham the other day, but after 15 mins going round...and round...and round... gave up and went for Tea at Sandown.

See you
rgds BEX

P.S. for those who want to know, Ian flies a VP2 from a

SHORT STRIP :ok:

Evo
28th Sep 2003, 00:28
I thought that it was a good name :ok: - but BEX, he isn't called Ian... :)

Bracklesham (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=482483&Y=95636&arrow=Y&zoom=3) is hard to spot - it runs across a couple of fields, so look for the gaps in the hedges. Only found it because I was rubbish at PFLs when I was doing the PPL and spent bl**dy ages picking fields around there to over/undershoot... :rolleyes: However, I couldn't find shortstrippers short strip the other day... :)

shortstripper
28th Sep 2003, 01:21
Well actually ... as you two know, I am only short and .... ? LOL

You'd be hard pressed to see my strip EVO ... the give away is the aeroplane tied down in the corner of the field :p However, it hasn't been here for the last week as we're about to build a hangar where it was sitting. Look closely at the large dairy farm on the North east edge of Pagham Harbour next time you fly over.

As for Bracklesham .... it's next to a holiday camp and runs adjacent to the sea. It has a caravan and old pole hangar at one end. It's easy to spot most of the year but right now with all the burnt off grass it does blend in a bit.

I can see you'll both need to get the farm strip eye! You soon develope a knack for picking them out ... and in a Jodel you'll soon want to go farm strip flying :ok: