PDA

View Full Version : Forced landing in Norfolk (Merged)

left_hand_drive
14th Sep 2003, 01:58
Yet another case of the press blowing things out of all proportion I'd say...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/news/newsStory.asp?Brand=EDPONLINE&Category=NEWS&ItemId=NOED13+Sep+2003+15%3A47%3A51%3A710

Well done to G-FIZZ's pilot for remaining calm, getting her down and walking away safely :ok:

When the mayday was announced, I don't even think the controller believed it was a true emergency because the pilot was so calm, when he asked for confirmation the frequency went very quiet!

Hope to see you back in the air soon mate.

L H D

Evo
14th Sep 2003, 02:05
"narrowly avoiding tragedy", "eventually crash landing", "before smashing into the ground", "It made a terrible sound as he hit the ground"

oh, but

"The pilot ... made a controlled landing, avoiding injury to any of the passengers and causing minimal damage to the plane". Well done, sir :)

Hilico
14th Sep 2003, 03:23
Local BBC TV in East Anglia barely gave it two sentences, and no pictures, so they consider it a non-event.

High Wing Drifter
14th Sep 2003, 03:46
The day the press stop sensationalising every incident regarding aircraft is probably the day general public find them boring.

khasabman
14th Sep 2003, 23:17
I was in the garden yesterday afternoon and I saw a single engined piston aircraft obviously in trouble and descending from about 1500ft. With the gear down and no engine noise it disappeared below my line of sight about threequarters of a mile away. There was no engine noise thereafter as for a practice forced landing.
Ten minutes or so later I heard emergency services rushing around. I have seen/heard nothing in the local media.
Does anyone have any further information?

ozplane
14th Sep 2003, 23:47
Check on the "Private Flying" forum. The story is there under "Forced landing in Norfolk". Sounds like the pilot did a good job in getting it down without injury.

khasabman
15th Sep 2003, 01:12
Yes that's the one, thanks .