PDA

View Full Version : Care Workers - Courses?

electricblue
12th Sep 2003, 04:23
Does anybody know of any suitable courses for a person interested in working on their airlines frontline incident responce team (my company's equiv to lets say the AA care team - dealing with passengers / relatives etc..) . I am quite young and not far into my airline career but would be interested in completing courses (series of) which would enable me to perhaps put myself forward for this team after a while with my company.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DX Wombat
12th Sep 2003, 05:02
What about looking at your local Uni or College to see if they do Counselling courses? Also try the Red Cross. I'm not sure but they may do something on the lines of disaster management. Hope this helps.

Genghis the Engineer
12th Sep 2003, 05:36
When, admittedly some years ago now, I worked for the MoD we always used St John Ambulance for such courses. Since most towns have a St John centre, they run a very wide variety of courses, and it's good enough for the often quite exciting emergencies we could generate on military airfields - they can probably help out with what you're after.

G

Colonel Blink
12th Sep 2003, 07:36
There used to be a customer care NVQ course - this dealt with factors such as communication skills, conflict resolution and personal safety. It offered generic skills (as dealing with problems happens everywhere) Info. should be available from your local FE college.

If it is health related (e.g. First Aid) then the answers as above, but also look at doing a life support course to a more advanced level and make sure you get good public liability cover!

Caractacus
14th Sep 2003, 17:54
The City University Air Safety Management MSc inludes a module on Crisis Management. The 3 day module directly looks at the issues affecting an airline when a hull is lost. Not for the faint hearted it will definately stimulate your interest in this area.

Other modules look at various safety issues.

http://www.city.ac.uk/engineering/asm/index.htm