PDA

View Full Version : A330 nose T/O switch

genius747
5th Aug 2001, 01:39
I recently had the privilage to fly from JFK to DUB on the flightdeck of EI-DUB an Aer Lingus airbus A330. I noticed that before T/O the Captain switched 3 switches on the front of the overhead panel to "on", one of which was the landing lights (I think). But I'm sure one of the switches said nose {take off} and it had 2 other positions it could be switched to, one of which was {off}. Can somebody please tell me what these switches do?
thank you.

SMOC
5th Aug 2001, 06:26
It's the NOSE switch and it has three position as you said.

T.O : Both taxi and take-off lights are illuminated.
TAXI : Only taxi lights illuminated.
OFF : Taxi and take-off lights off.

genius747
6th Aug 2001, 04:02
cheers smoc!

any idea what the other 2 switches that were switched done?

Techman
6th Aug 2001, 04:39
Have a look at this, and you should be able to find out what lights where switched on.

http://www.airliners.net/photos/big/0/0-d-aerk3.JPG

stator vane
6th Aug 2001, 21:35
Techman!!??

how did you do that?

i am possibly jumping off the cliff into the airbus 320 and if i could get some photos like that for the panels, ....well, i just would!!

:eek:

genius747
7th Aug 2001, 05:48
yes techman it was the 3 switches at the bottom of the pic to the left hand side.
there is a switch a gap than 2 switches.. what do the 3 do??

kumul1
7th Aug 2001, 06:41
The first switch on the left is the RWY TURN OFF which operates two lights on the nose gear strut then after the space is the LAND sw and that operates the landing lights. The third is the NOSE sw which smoc has discribed.

Old Dog
7th Aug 2001, 19:27
genius747, The switches you mentioned are 'EXT LT' (external lighting). You can also find 'INT LT' to right of APU, and then there is 'SIGNS'....

LAND (landing lights) is the equivalent of headlights in your car, The lights on NOSE landing gear are supplementary to "LAND" lights on both side of the fuselage. There are 2 "TURN OFF" light which shine sideways and forward, one on each side.

genius747
7th Aug 2001, 23:09
good stuff lads