PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take for your license to be issued?

Tiger_ Moth
9th Sep 2003, 01:53
Well? How long after sending off your application for a PPL did it take for it to be sent to you?

I've been waiting about 2 weeks so I thought I should have it after another week, another 2 weeks tops but a few people have been saying about 2 months, 10 - 12 weeks and that is really quite frightening. So how long was it for you?

By the way, it angers me when people say you shouldn't whinge about it taking so long. Because you should. If no one whinges at them they're hardly going to speed it up are they? You pay so much money for it that they ought to be able to do it reasonably quickly and I don't see why they can't just do something like in the US where you get a provisional license while your waiting for the proper one. Or like in Australia where you just take all the bits and pieces somewhere and get it on the spot. There's no reason why it can't be like that here, especially because it used to be, my instructor said so.

Arclite01
9th Sep 2003, 02:16
Actually they took about 4 weeks and part of that delay was because I had not sent in my gliding logbook to prove hours dispensation (it does not say that on the form). I'm not sure what the turnaround time is supposed to be - I know people who have had it back in a week, others 6 weeks ! - apparently it's dependent on workload at CAA towers. Can't imagine there are that many people qualifying though.........

However I did not think that 4 weeks was too bad considering.

The only pain was that I could only fly as a student pilot while I waited for it to be issued although I was desparate to fly some people I'd promised trips to ......

BTW the FAA issued me a temporary permit same day in the States and when I got back to UK my permanent US licence had already arrived !! - it does beg the question why not here too ?

You can hassle flight crew licencing but sometimes I think this can be counterproductive - you know go to the bottom of the pile and filed under W for ......... 'Wait a long time....'

Hope your wait isn't too long

Arc:ok:

BRL
9th Sep 2003, 02:46
Hi Tm, please have a look at this thread........ (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97633)

Kirstey
9th Sep 2003, 16:59
Same day for me !!!

BRL
9th Sep 2003, 23:19
Kirst' you old jammy dodger you....!! How did you work that out????

Kirstey
9th Sep 2003, 23:30
A mate's old man working for the CAA! A bit shoddy really! The CAA shouldn't do things like that. Who am I to argue though!

oh and Mia says "Who are you!?" lol

BRL
9th Sep 2003, 23:35
Wow. Has Mia passed her test yet???
She can't remember me.. :{ Check your Pm's.........!!

Evo
9th Sep 2003, 23:39
A mate's old man working for the CAA! A bit shoddy really! The CAA shouldn't do things like that. Who am I to argue though!

:mad: :mad: :yuk:

Kirstey
10th Sep 2003, 00:26
lol Evo - I'm sure in a similar situation you'd just whack it in the post and wait 3 months!

Evo
10th Sep 2003, 00:41
dunno, Autumn was always gonna arrive the day after I got mine :{ ;)

FNG
10th Sep 2003, 01:36
This is ust to say congratulations TM, for obtaining your PPL on your namesake aircraft, which is a big achievement. If there has already been a congrats thread, sorry I missed it.