PDA

View Full Version : Losing your virginity......

Circuit Basher
8th Sep 2003, 17:57
...... as regards flying in a Jodel ;) ;)

Thanks to the good auspices of a friend who has a share in a Jodel, I managed to blag a ride in a Jodel out of Wing Farm (near Warminster) last week.

After all I'd heard about Jodels, I wasn't disappointed - very pleasant machine to fly. I was surprised that for what looks a titchy rudder, there was a surprising amount of rudder authority. It may have just been the rigging on this particular aircraft, but the column was surprisingly 'tight' in roll and pitch - it didn't seem to be aerodynamic forces, as it seemed to be the case on the ground as well.

This particular one was a bit of a 'special' - it has an O235 engine and small trailing edge flaps (but not the 'airbrakes').

All in all, for my first experience of a PFA machine, very encouraging! :)

TheKentishFledgling
9th Sep 2003, 03:35
CB - any idea of the actual model of the Jodel?

tKF

Circuit Basher
9th Sep 2003, 15:41
Sorry - hadn't noted the reg, so just trawled through CAA Info to find it (there are 281 Jodels on the database!!). Unfortunately, my friend is one of 3 in the syndicaste and is not the registered owner, so couldn't search by name! :)

Anyaway, it's a DR1051, if that's any help.

TangoZulu
9th Sep 2003, 20:19
CB

Not sure what comment to make about you losing your virginity ......

Does this mean you will be returning to civilisation down here at some point in time?

TZ

P.S. You may be pleased to know that "Short and Dangerous" has retired / resigned as of last night and we now have a new WC!!

Circuit Basher
19th Sep 2003, 00:10
Sorry to drag this one up, but my buddy has returned from his hols and asked me to post the following:
For info, and in answer to tKF's question, it's referred to now as a 'DR1051 Special'; the registration is G-AYLC. It originally started life as a "DR1051 Sicile". I'd tell 'em myself, but I cannae post from work.
Hope 'alles klar' now!!