PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted - Plane hire in Marbella

accountant
5th Sep 2003, 16:31
Going to Marbella in 2wks for business conference. Tough at the top. Actually it's a heavy schedule but I'm hoping to get a couple of hours off. Anyone know of a club in the area where I can rent a 152 or Warrior. Maybe a small airfield. Or where I can go to find out (eg directory of Spanish aero clubs?) I've tried the club at Malaga but they're expensive and have 172's.

140cherokee
5th Sep 2003, 17:36
I have flown with Aeroclub Bahia de Malaga at Malaga airport (they're in the building next door to the BP garage on the airport access road).

www.aero-club.org.

As far as I know, they're the only club in the area. Not cheap, but very professional. All of their literature is in either English or German, and all of their staff speak English.

Great flying along the coast VFR not above 1000'. An hour and a half flight to Estapona and back in a 172 cost about £170 (didn't take out their 6-month membership as you need to do two or more hours to be worthwhile).

accountant
5th Sep 2003, 18:09
Thanks - it looks like I'll end up there. Unless anyone knows different?

amyt
5th Sep 2003, 21:04
Recommend a trip from Malaga to Tangiers as you get a good view of the Straits of Gibraltar as you fly through. Superb!
Took just under 3 hours (rtn) in a C172.

Amy