PDA

View Full Version : How can I get hold on a C150 manual?

mrbig747
27th Aug 2000, 16:17
Hello all,

I'm starting my PPL traing in a few weeks and I'll be doing the major portion of my training in a C150. In oreder to provide me with some background infomation on the C150 aircraft, I thought it would be a great idea to purchase the C150 manual, however, I am yet to locate a dealer for the manual.

Does anyone have a C150 manaul that they'd liek to sell?

Any ideas?

Yours gratefully,
Mrbig.

P.S Feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Centaurus
27th Aug 2000, 17:16
You could try the Cesnna agent in UK. This way you will get the actual manufacturer's Pilot Operating Handbook for the type. This is important, because there are many flying school published versions which invariably do not follow the drills and techniques published in the manufacturer's POH for the C150 or any other training type. As an example, many schools teach a go-around (rejected landing) procedure that is at quite some variance from the procedure stated in the manufacture's POH.

Luftwaffle
27th Aug 2000, 18:24
I've seen Cessna POHs for sale on e-bay.

You could ask permission to photocopy the POH from the aircraft you fly, for your personal use.

NIMBUS
28th Aug 2000, 08:46
I think I have one lying around somewhere..
If you can't get one locally, drop me an E-mail and I'll send it on...Just pay the postage, POH is free (I don't need it!!)

mrbig747
28th Aug 2000, 10:58
Thanks alot NIMBUS!

I was just about to send you an email, however, you didn't leave your email address! <grin>

My email address is: [email protected]

Thanks Alot!

Teroc
31st Aug 2000, 15:13
Transair also sell them...01273 466000
roughly £26 a piece i believe.

T.

ACARS
2nd Sep 2000, 06:35
I believe with transair you need to supply serial number of aircraft etc to get hold of one.

Alternatively you can do what I did. I bought the book that cost 8.95 from transair for the C172 and this gives most of the information you require for your PPL. Sorry don't have the book near me so I can't give you the title or publisher.

chihuahua
2nd Sep 2000, 16:59
Try Airplan Flight Equipment (AFE) on 0161 499 0023 who produce a reasonably priced guide to the C150 which is very user friendly and should provide you with all the knowledge that you require.