PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Willy Approach

barleyhi
1st Sep 2003, 20:11
Just a quick thank you to the controller on Willy approach on Friday 8th August for her excellent service. Expedient clearance along the coastal route northbound at 500ft and when asked about the shipwreck on the coast replied "not sure but I'll find out". She came back a short time later with a full description including name and dates. It really made our day as all six pob were listening on the intercom and were most impressed.

To top it off we were given opposite direction traffic as Cougar 20 passing in 10 miles below 2000ft. When asked for his type she stated that it was a Hawk and that it would pass in 3 minutes underneath at 300ft! She updated us as he approached and we all got a fine view as he banked in salute(and we did too!). Looked great closing at around 500kts!

Thanks again

Barleyhi

;) ;) ;)

Fox3snapshot
1st Sep 2003, 22:06
Did you get her phone number?????!

Its gotta be worth a packet of Tim Tams!

:p

tobzalp
1st Sep 2003, 22:37
Did she speak funny? If so that is their boss type person.

:=

Fox3snapshot
1st Sep 2003, 22:42
Bosses shouldn't be allowed to play....they have had their go!

:E

barleyhi
2nd Sep 2003, 07:33
Zappy

Yeah pommie accent actually. Likewise pommie flying the Hawk!

BH

Fox3snapshot
2nd Sep 2003, 07:55
Brits, Kiwi's, Zimbo's, South African's, Tasmanian's.....the RAAF's got the lot!

Not too many Ozzies left though........

:{

BALIX
2nd Sep 2003, 18:25
Not too many Ozzies left though........

Not surprised - they are all over here flying for Ryanair, Easyjet, KLM UK (as was), bmi etc etc.

Fox3snapshot
2nd Sep 2003, 20:30
Its gotta be because we produce such quality product in the field of Aviation and are in such great demand around the world.....I am not going to get gobby about the Rugby just yet!

:E

BALIX
2nd Sep 2003, 22:29
I wasn't complaining - it is nice to have some 'imports' that can understand English, even the way I speak it :hmm:

Aus ATC
4th Sep 2003, 21:18
Barley hi,

Message passed to the controller involved.
She appreciated the thank-you, but be careful who you call pommies! She asked me to post:

"Please tell them I'm Scottish!!!"

Aus ATC

mad_jock
4th Sep 2003, 21:49
A scottish lass on Willy approach why dosn't that suprise me ;)

And BTW all the celtic types don't like being downgraded to pommies.

MJ