PDA

View Full Version : FAA licences good for flying in Canada? No?

Bing
28th Aug 2003, 18:59
Can you work in Canada with FAA licences, or do you have to convert them? If so, how similar are the US licences and the Canadian ones?

Randy_g
29th Aug 2003, 00:35
Like almost all other countries, Canada will require you to convert your FAA license to a Canadian one. The exams, and flight tests will be similar, except we don't have a book with all the expected questions in it. Most flight schools will offer groundschool that will teach you what you need to know.

One word to you, Canada's aviation industry is significantly smaller than the US'. So if you don't have a lot of experience, you may find it very hard to get a job here. That's assuming that you've gotten past immigration, and have the right to work and live in Canada.

Cheers

JET
29th Aug 2003, 15:17
hi

moves to canada from usa with faa comm multi ifr

finsihed the comm , working on multi ifr .

the comm and ifr written were easy but faa ones were very very very easy , and of course as above you get 50 questions out of about 800 questiuons ,

take care

Bing
29th Aug 2003, 18:08
Is the CAA 1 class medical identical to the FAA 1 class? Especially; are the visual requirements higher than the FAA, or the same?

Karel
12th Sep 2003, 03:13
Medical is pretty much the same. 30 minutes. If you can see litning and hear thunder - you are good to go. The only problem is after initial medical they mail you the certificate in about 1.5 - 2 months. U can't go for written without medical certificate... So, go for your medical ASAP.

rich49
15th Sep 2003, 23:53
would you say that canadas aviation market is smaller than the UKs or about the same? :D

604guy
16th Sep 2003, 01:14
I don't know.
You tell me the size of yours and I'll tell you the size of mine. :p

rich49
16th Sep 2003, 01:21
ha ha, ok, we have...let me see; BA, (which is huge) Virgin and British Midland which are international. Then there's Monarch and Britania which are charter. Also we have Easyjet and Ryanair which are Low Cost Carriers. Then of course we have the charters and GA. Not as large as the USA but then its still quite big. I would imagine Canada has the same size, bigger country but less dense population?