PDA

View Full Version : Breitling watch strap...where to get the best price.

BoeingBoy
26th Aug 2003, 19:11
I know the subject of Breitlings and where to get them has been done to death many times on the forum. However I am trying to source a 22mm 'pilot' stainless steel bracelet for a Navitimer one (1993).

Having searched through past threads I note that the some of the duty free shops in the UAE seem to be the cheapest source. Is it possible for these shops to send via courier or post to outside customers? Do they have web sites that can be viewed or mail addresses for enquiries?

If anyone has any ideas on finding one at less than the £560 quoted to me so far then I would be most grateful.

[email protected]

Notso Fantastic
26th Aug 2003, 23:35
That quoted price curiously matches a return ticket to Bangkok where one can buy a fake Navitimer (with perfect strap) for about £25 on the Pat Pong Road, and see Tom Jones and Elvis performing every night, and eat a stir fry prawn and whole baked lobster dinner for £15 (including drinks) with someone you love. You can even take the Mrs. too. Now tell me again you want to spend this absurd, obscene money on a stainless steel watchstrap?
I have heard that Dubai is cheapest for Breitlings. My almost-Breitling Navitimer has a nice 22mm strap. If you want a perfect almost-Breitling one, I can get you one for about the figure I quoted, and attached to it will be a copy of the watch too! But £560? Makes you wonder exactly who the 'pirates' are!

TwinAisle
27th Aug 2003, 02:23
Dubai may be your best bet - I bought a new strap for my Aerospace (the last one was clouted VERY hard on a wall - still it saved my wrist!) in a jewellers in the Mina Seyahi hotel in Dubai about three months ago. I needed one of the two-tone gold/titanium jobs, and a genuine Breitling one set me back a shade less than £100.

£560 for a watch strap seems just loony tho.....

TA

Dantruck
28th Aug 2003, 01:47
Suggest you trade-in the Bratling for a decent Fortis.

Best watch going. Same mechanicals, more unique, better designed (IMHO), less hype and far better prices...on straps and repairs, too.

Just a suggestion.

Dantruck

BoeingBoy
28th Aug 2003, 04:36
Thanks guy's, I agree £560 for an SS strap is obscene, but my airline doesn't go as far east as Bangkok! Thus I am stuck with the European alternatives.

Any further idea's?

av8boy
28th Aug 2003, 10:35
Suggestions? How about a billet of stainless and two days' rental on a plasma cutter? You'd build on a new skill set, save more than 2/3 of the money you're estimating to spend, and have a delightful conversation-starter!

Of course, you also may be blind :cool: , horribly disfigured :} , and liable for damage to the homes of your neighbors caused by your inept use of the torch :ouch:. But hey, aviation is a dangerous gig...

:p

Dave

Notso Fantastic
28th Aug 2003, 20:15
BB- send me a picture of your watch and the strap. I am off for the chilliprawns/lobster there and I will get you one as offered, and put side to side you won't see any difference!

DSR10
28th Aug 2003, 20:55
Look on E-Bay..........fake or real the choice is yours

DBate
29th Aug 2003, 10:50
You might wanna check the straps from 'Sinn'. It's a small company in Frankfurt offering some excellent watches and straps. The homepage is www.sinn.de.

So long

ZFT
29th Aug 2003, 10:56
NotSo Fantastic

I'll keep a look out for you in Radio City

Notso Fantastic
29th Aug 2003, 16:30
Mrs. doesn't often let me go down to Pat Pong!

411A
30th Aug 2003, 09:44
Must be Soi Cowboy for Notso then....:E

ZFT
31st Aug 2003, 11:10
Notso Fantastic,

Funny that. My wife chaperones me there!!!