PDA

View Full Version : Which club for PPL training?

LeeG2002
23rd Aug 2003, 03:03
Hi all.

I was previously considering going over to the States to get my PPL but having spoken to a number of people, have decided to do it here. I have looked at a number of clubs in Herts and the surrounding area. Has anyone here any comments on the following clubs:

Henlow Flying Club
Rural Flying Corps based at Bourn airfield
East Herts Flying School at Panshanger
Flyteam Aviation at Cranfield
Skyline at Little Gransden

Any others in the area I haven't found.

Thanks.

Lee

Another St Ivian
23rd Aug 2003, 16:21
I finished my PPL with the Rural Flying Corps just this Monday. I really enjoyed my time at RFC Bourn. The aircraft were nice, although only two 152's available. The airfield is not too bad. I found it quite fun learning of off 'shorter' bitumen runways. I flew with both weekday instructors, Trevor and Brian, primarily with Brian though, and had a fantastic time. Both are very good, enthusiastic instructors.
The owner of the flying club is quite well known and is very good too. If a aircraft has a problem he will quite often have it in pieces that evening and fix it.
The airfield is only really used by the Flying Club and a few private owners so having to hold for another aircraft is very rare. Quite often on a weekday the airfield is yours.
The whole operation is pleasantly relaxed while maintaining a high degree of professionalism. I strongly recommend this club.

A.S.I (a satisfied Student/PPL)