PDA

View Full Version : Engine failure near Tattenhill?

M.Mouse
22nd Aug 2003, 17:41
Inbound to LHR on 21st around1415(L) we heard a mayday call being relayed by a light aircraft (G-PAJA?) for another light aircraft that had suffered an engine failure. The relaying aircraft was being heard but could not hear London Centre and first a Monarch and then a Brittania aircraft helped the relay process.

We were getting busy and had to concentrate on the job in hand and did not therefore learn the outcome. I have seen or heard nothing else so presumably the outcome was positive.

Does anybody know the full story?

Circuit Basher
22nd Aug 2003, 18:32
A search of the News emporia doesn't indicate that the outcome was anything other than positive. Trust that someone else will have the gory details (or their ear to the ground) to pass further info.

DamienB
23rd Aug 2003, 03:24
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=64387&command=displayContent&sourceNode=63914&contentPK=6762879

Pilot OK. Aeroplane in more bits than it should be.

M.Mouse
23rd Aug 2003, 06:53
Thanks for that.

Apart from natural curiosity I have an empathy with anybody having an engine failure having been passenger in a single when the engine stopped.

It is pretty scary at the time and I am pleased that he was relatively unscathed.