PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good bye EK
Thread: Good bye EK
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2017, 06:41
puff m'call

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good bye EK

It's like having a massive weight lifted off your shoulders when you know it's over. That's the best way to describe the feeling after handing in your notice.

10+ years and it's getting worse by the day almost. This airline was even fun at one time, but not anymore. All they say is "If you don't like it then leave".

When will they learn? The experience level in the flight deck now is so low in both seats the inevitable is only a matter of time. Appalling unsustainable rosters, unable to get leave and a bad management attitude, all driving people away.

New joiners are now waiting months for a course, sitting around doing nothing or sent on forced leave, why? because the trainers a resigning in their droves!! Sick of being abused and worked to death. Four big name TRE's this last week for example.

Wake up EK management, you only have yourself to blame.

Look at the guy's down the road. B777/787 month on month off, happy days. No it's still not perfect there by any means but things like that go a long way to making pilots happy. What do they do here at EK? NOTHING!!!

I'm leaving with no job to go to, for me just now EK have killed the great job I used to have in airline aviation. I hope I fly again for someone smaller, friendlier, who can restore my faith in the industry.

It would have been easy to have turned this into an EK rant but it's all been said an done so no point. To anyone thinking of joining I will only say this. Think long and hard, read all the posts because it's true!!

For you guys staying, my friends I wish you all well.