PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windfarms 3
Thread: Windfarms 3
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2015, 01:06
Stikybeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windfarms 3

I see that the current Select Committee on Wind Turbines sat again yesterday in Canberra. I also see that this matter would appear to be far from over with some 471 submissions provided thus far for the committee's consideration.

From reading some of these submissions it is quite clear that the issue of wind turbines and the varying positive and negative benefits or detractors relating to same are being taken quite seriously. From an aviation perspective in particular submission 30 provides some insight into the issues surrounding the Crookwell aerodrome (NSW). The author of this submission, (who is well known and highly respected within the industry) has certainly put the committee on notice as set out in the following quote from the closing page of his submission...

It is my firm belief that it is not a matter of “if”, it’s a matter of “when” there will be a fatal accident involving the collision of an aircraft or helicopter operating from a rural airport.

I read somewhere in another post that someone alluded to the fact that there are no "old or bold" pilots. I'm not so sure about that as quite clearly such pilots have alot to offer.....

No doubt there'll be more to come regarding this topic as the hearing continues.....

Stiky

Last edited by Stikybeke; 20th May 2015 at 02:26.