PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warren Truss Vows to Unsaddle Regional Aviation Costs
Old 13th May 2015, 01:17
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
We need 500 people to join a "party" to be registered.

I have registered the name "The Hangar Party" for a rainy day but "the General Aviation renewal party" (GARP?) is probably more appropriate.

I reckon if we had ONE co-ordinator at every aerodrome in Aus walk around with a coffee tin and membership forms, we could have 2000 members before the end of the month.

$10 membership

Clear policies on aviation regulation

Clear policies on a few other key issues

Policy document headed "The World according to GARP"

Enough senate candidates in each state to form our own column, but we only really need one lead candidate per state.

How hard would it be to get 700-1000 GA employees & PPLs and enthusiasts in each state to vote for GARP?

We really don't need Dick to lead this if we have good candidates in each State & Territory who can rally the local industry behind them. Dick as a figurehead and public spokesman possibly but (sorry Dick.... tough love follows) he can be divisive in some sectors of the industry and, being a strong-minded individual used to getting things HIS way, could go off on tangents a la Clive Palmer.

I would certainly prefer to have Dick on board than against us.

NAY SAYERS AND HATERS

I know there will be a lot of rusted-on LNP and ALP voters amongst our colleagues - but if we can unite for ONE election we might just save our industry.
Vote for your preferred Party in the Reps by all means but ask yourself: When was the last time your preferred party actually did something to help your industry?

Give the Senate vote to GARP just for one election.

Last edited by Horatio Leafblower; 13th May 2015 at 01:47.