PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warren Truss Vows to Unsaddle Regional Aviation Costs
Old 12th May 2015, 03:23
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Warren Truss Vows to Unsaddle Regional Aviation Costs

Readers of this site may be interested in a newspaper article entitled, “Warren Truss Vows to Unsaddle Regional Aviation Costs” by Steve Creedy in The Australian dated December 17, 2013 where Minister Warren Truss made it clear that red tape is going to be removed.

Now that the Minister has spent almost a decade in his aviation-related portfolios, let’s post here what savings have been made at CASA and Airservices that would reflect a saving in costs to regional aviation.

From what I have been told, the situation is exactly the opposite. In other words, costs have been increased by this Minister.

It is absolutely imperative we hold the Minister responsible. After all, he is our elected representative and he has been in the role of either Shadow Minister or Minister for almost ten years.

A number of people in the industry have asked me to address a fly-in and function in the Minister’s seat. I have said no, but if the industry could guarantee at least 500 people travelling to Hervey Bay or Maryborough, I could be interested.

It is imperative that we hold our elected representatives accountable.