PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-1 Visa flight schools
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 19:01
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no idea what wis3384 is about.
I clearly stated all additional details and the orientation/training offered by the additional helicopter schools. The OP asked for 'F-1' schools, and although obviously meaning fixed wing, he was not aware of the 'remaining of the 8' so I provided the info.

As for the F1 heli schools, neither Hillsboro Aviation, nor Bristow Academy are by any means crap. Just the cost is high (I'd say at a premium..) and there are some factors of training that could be said of any big school with limited local heli patterns or Delta airport (HAI at KHIO).

Anyway, all the airplane wannabes are more likely be happy to fly out of controlled airport all the time, for the 'radio' skills, but it does indeed affect the billed 'flight time' sitting waiting on taxiway, or extending legs in pattern/circuit or doing orbit for bizjet traffic separation etc etc.

haihio is right in terms of likelihood of employment after training with HAI. They 'never have enough airplane CFIs' unless there's no airline hiring at all in the US for regionals etc. They hire from outside, because they don't train as many airplane CPL/CFI grads who are interested in instructing, so the chance (for reasonable person) are very high.