PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hong kong
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2012, 06:16
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C FO's

As of a few days ago, they didn't have the T&C's worked out for the FO's but the scuttlebutt has it in the 11K USD range. Basic health but no pension. For all of us that have interviewed and will interview, they are supposed to choose their initial group of pilots and advise them by the end of December and starting around March/April, in training. The interview, is about the same as the one in Australia from what I've been told. Including the SHL testing ( Google this ), the face to face interview uses the STAR behavioral method with questions like, "Name a time when you lead a group in a project with a deadline and how did you make this deadline"? ACKKKKK yes, even though we are pilots, it's like a corp style interview. Due to the assistance of a PPruner, who advised me to work these out and on the internet there are many sources. I spent at least 20 hours getting the gray matter engaged and it was time well spent. The sim was normal and nothing out of the ordinary. Then there was a planning exercise, which entailed a problem after take off and where do you go for maintenance, extra crew, fuel, adequate runway, etc.. You get 75 minutes, I guessed the right one in the beginning and spent the rest of the time working out why the other ones were wrong. All in all, the people running the interview process were extremely considerate and tried their best to make you feel comfortable. I've only interviewed about a dozen times in my life and if not for the assistance with targeting the STAR, I would have blown it. I'd like to warn everyone of a company in Austalia, that charges thousands and promises to provide everything needed to get through this interview. Well, I did that and they did virtually nothing and dropped me after the cash was in their hands. I plan on taking the matter further but buyer beware.