PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest pilot allegedly commits suicide inside airplane
Old 18th Jul 2012, 16:02
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Terrible security'?

What more did you expect to see, in terms of securing a parked aircraft for the night? Once he was over that fence, well.... It reads as if he pulled the chocks, started it up, did his own push-back using reverse thrust, but then had things kind of unravel from that point. Otherwise, who knows? He might have had some notion of heading off into the great unknown in his stolen regional airliner, or perhaps he wanted to go out with a bang, but I don't see how one can say that this was down to 'terrible security.'

A 'fail safe and secure ignition...' brilliant idea, until it locks in flight! I would like to see the certification process for that one!

That cop was after him before the motorcycle he used to get to the airport had gone cold.

I doubt very much that there was any real deficiency in the required level of security. That level is not designed to stop this sort of crime. We have seen a student steal a C-150 he was sent out to pre-flight for a lesson, for Heaven's sake! What should we do, handcuff them first?

Let's see how this one plays out.

Last edited by chuks; 18th Jul 2012 at 16:04.