PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 18:36
archer_737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys.

I would like to introduce myself. I'm in what Emirates call "F/O pool" which means I passed the assessment but I'm waiting for course date.
We've been already advised that it may take up to January 2013 or so, and, as I'm currently unemployed I've decided to start looking for something else.

Obviously the perfect job could be a 6 months well paid contract but there's nothing out there.

So, I'm thinking seriously in Turkish. I've received an email from a broker and I've applied for the F/O on the 737. I'm above the minimums required by the airline (about 3000hrs on the 738) The problem is that I wonder what happens if I pass the assessment, I start working for Turkish let's say for 6 or 7 months and then I receive a DOJ for Emirates.
My intentions are clear, leave wherever I'll be. EK is my priority right now.

Does Turkish bond you?

I've heared from some colleagues working there that they did around 9 simulators when joining. Obviously they were already rated on the type Turkish operates but, as long as they did that big amount of sims, they had some point in the contract saying they need to stay for the whole year.

Is that true? If yes, what happens if you leave? Do they ask you for money?

That's it. I'm just looking for some job to make some money and hours while waiting for EK and wondering if going to Turkish could be a good idea or just a head-ache!

Thank you!