PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sooo, You Want to Fly for Korean Airlines Do You?
Old 7th Apr 2012, 17:12
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My take on this is (ignoring Korean culture and how they treat expats) after a heated exchange, the captain grabbed for the engineers badge. The engineer then went took a shot at the captain. I take the side of the engineer of this.
You obviously didn't read the original post. The captain never made physical contact with the engineer. The engineer assaulted the captain. I guess that's ok. After asking the engineer his name and ID(which he declined to give) the captain lifted the badge up to see the name and ID #. Never did "grab" it.
Speaking of language difficulties at JFK, there was a badge grabbing incident there this past week. An American Airlines pilot attempted to get the ID of a TSA screener who was allegedly using loud and profane urban dialect. She tossed a cup of coffee on the AA pilot.

TSA screener at JFK Airport charged with throwing hot coffee ion pilot - NYPOST.com

You can get a good idea of the language you sometimes encounter on the ground at places like PHL, EWR and JFK by searching for 'Soul plane airport security' on YouTube. The clip stars Academy Award winner Mo'Nique and has subtitles, you don't want to play it with the kids listening in my opinion.

Grabbing someone's ID would be a pretty provocative act in most cultures I would think. Just like tangling with the locals in an expat job, pilots are usually going to lose when they take a stand against a TSA agent. The AA pilot played the FFDO card (he was carrying a gun) but I think this will get him in more trouble than it was worth.

Last edited by Airbubba; 7th Apr 2012 at 18:44.