PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Entry, Tourist Exit....
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 20:41
redbulldependant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew Entry, Tourist Exit....

Obscure question alert.....

My airline is strict about allowing you to leave the city when down-route.
It is a fair point, as if your flight back gets cancelled, you miss your duty and get reprimanded.

I am going to the Philippines and have a day off. I have secured a job interview in a neighbouring country, and have ample time to fly there and back on the day I have outstation.

My question is about entering the country again....

As crew, we do not get our passport stamped when entering, as my name will be included on the declaration of crew members and we just stroll through a separate channel.

However I would be leaving Philippines as a 'tourist', flying back in, getting my passport stamped as a 'tourist'....and never 'leaving' again, as I would be exiting as crew.

This will be fine until....I 'overstay' my visa (despite not being in the country).

Anyone ever done this? Any advice? And no, I cannot just get my passport stamped on the operating way out....because then the company will know that I left on my off day

All the info I found online was about fines for over-staying a visa whilst IN the country...as a Crew I have the odd scenario that I would be over-staying whilst being out of the country!

Many thanks in advance...