PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 21:43
Tallsar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flounder..daft is perhaps too strong a word. No one said 6 real contractors either. Assuming CHC and Bris have the 2 Gap contracts, then it is more than possible that one of those 2 plus a new player could win one of the big contracts - I do agree though that 4 commercial contractors is unlikely. That means 3 commercial contractors will be involved in the transition.
My wider conjecture was based on seeing the 2 MoD SAR providers as two other players akin to contractors as far as transition management issues at working level are concerned. Hence my parenthesese against them in my earlier post. The party line from MoD is of course that they can be seen as one outfit, which is true from a legal, top level policy and contractural perspective. However, this is not so much the case when the single service views of the RN and RAF to managing their transition out issues are concerned, not least because of personnel and infrastructure issues at each base, never mind if other non SAR transition activity is happening concurrently... Think Lossiemouth and F35 for example.

I would also be surprised if we hear anything public and official next week about the SARH down select result. No doubt rumours will abound though... It is Prune after all!