PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - English Proficiency - What level?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 16:23
oshkosh99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if I post a similar question to the one just posted somewhere else in this forum. Just seems that this thread is more current.

I am a US permanent resident, have lived in the US for 9 years and do have a valid US PPL gained in 1981 with IFR etc. but 5 year old plastic card. If I get this reissued now, do I still get this English language proficiency statement on there, and if yes for how long will this be valid?

Now will this US PPL language proficiency statement be any good for my German PPL, gained independently from the US PPL in 1982, and also still current?? I would think that with the US FAA attesting my English proficiency this should be good enough if I fly a D registered plane with my German PPL say in Italy talking English??

Or is it like with the medicals where you need to have a seperate medical for each licence, both FAA and German?

And if I need a seperate English proficiency test for each licence are there providers that can do both in one go like my doctor, who for a nominal add on fee does the FAA and German medical every two years in one go?

Thanks, just trying to avoid the cost and hassle of having to get this test done in Germany.